First Playable

 In this week's project, we had to make our first playable game. Last week I was unaware that we were meant to use ugly assets or assets we didn't want to use but I accidentally used the ones I wanted to use for my actual games and couldn't find any "ugly" ones to use for my games. So this week I decided to start from the beginning and re-build my city but use the same assets because I really liked how they looked .and added an extra lane so I could have 3 lanes like my game document mentioned.

Although it was time-consuming to restart and somehow I started so far up in the sky I finally finished building the city and placed my car in the middle lane. I added my script to make the car move forward and it fell straight through the road so I had to add a rigid body and to use gravity so it didn't fall through the floor.

After solving the floor problem I worked more on my script making it possible for my vehicle to turn left and right and for the camera to follow behind the car. For once I had no problems and started to enjoy unity hopefully it stays that way. 

So far my car can be completely controlled using W, A, S, and D and the camera follows behind the car down the road and no longer just drives off the road while the camera stays behind and watches the car drive off into the distance.

Next week my plans are to add some invisible walls so the car cannot drive through the buildings I want the car to stick to the road. I also am going to begin to add the obstacles that I will be using to get in the way of the car.

(view of behind the car)

                                                                     (the car turning)


Comments

  1. Hey Sam!! Omg your game looks insane!!
    It literally looks so professional. I love the assets you used it its so colourful and vibrant
    I was having some troubles with unity aswell but thank god your flying through now! I keep having problems with my unity freezing but hopefully it will be okay! Your game is a game I would play myself or download from the app store, I actually used to play a game like it!!
    Wish you all the best with your game and hopefully it turns out the way you want it to. Cant wait to see the final results! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sam your game looks great so far! I wish mine could good this good. You were probably better off finding the assets you were going to use from the start as it will save you time for next week to move on to something else. I like the colours of the houses did they come like that or did you change them to that ? I was having alot of trouble with unity and scripts as my unity would freeze and all of my scripts would clear as I would have to restart my laptop. I hope everything works out for you best of luck with it-Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam really great progress you got here on your game. Hey I mean at least the hard work is out of the way of finding good looking assets, the ones that you have found hear look really awesome, really vibrant and have a lot of color. Great to see you have figured out your code, probably the hardest part about this project is the coding but really well done. I hope next week you get everything that you planned out finished and finally see some even more progress on the development of your game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sam looks like you got a good game going for you.. Great to see you have figured out your code, probably the hardest part about this project is the coding, so I understand the struggle, but really well done. I hope to see next week that you have finished that you planned out finished and finally see the finished project when you present your game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sam, it seems you have a quality start to your game so far, from the screenshots the game looks fantastic at its current stage. the city assets look good also really fit the games aesthetics of the game, I see you have implanted good game mechanics and plan to added more

    Wishing you the best in the continual development and the final version of your game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment