Game Design Document

 For my Game Design Document I made it easy to follow. I list out all the feature I would like my game to have and how the player will control the game, level design, different character that you can play in the game and the backstory to the game.

For the backstory of the game I have the player delivering cars from the car company to their customers with doing the least amount of damage to the vehicle that they can deliver the car to the customer. The controls will be W,A,D and space to move forward left, right and to jump. For the Splash screen I want the name of the game to appear and for a light hearted sound track to play before you start to play the game.

I want a nice simple layout and art style to the game with simple colours so its easy to run on all types of computers. The player can play different characters such as a bus a truck a car and a golf cart. Level design I want buildings on the left and right with a road running down the middle of the screen where the car can choose to switch from each lanes. The game will be made in unity.




Comments

  1. Hey Sam just read your game idea and think it sounds really fun. I like how instead of using the arrow keys (like I have planned too) you instead used W,A,D like in the Unity Tutorials. Will the player be racing against the clock? It could add more challenge to the game and make the player more competitive. Hope it goes well for you and hopefully can play it one day if everything returns to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam, I read the game design document of the game you are planning to make and I like how the objective of the game is for the vehicle to obtain the least amount of damage while delivering the car to the customer. I wonder how much damage can the vehicle obtain until the player loses? Its also a good idea to add a soundtrack into the game which will make the gameplay more enjoyable for the player.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam! I think your game sounds really fun and is definitely a game I would play. I can really picture how your game is going to look. Have you thought about adding music to the background? and another think how does the game end, is there a timer? Goodluck with the rest of the process, I am looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam, your game sounds really fun and is definitely a game I would like to play. Although I’ve just being wondering what will the camera angle be, will it be like the picture you have? Anyways good luck with creating this game, I would really like to see and play it when it is complete. All the best. -Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sam, from reading your game design doc, your game seems like it will be very fun to play, that obviously the whole idea!!! Just one question, how are you going to position the camera angle during game play, will the camera follow the car or will it be place at an angle of travelling in front of the car? Best of luck with the game!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment