Game Brainstorm

 Idea One

Recently I've been watching many different shows and videos on youtube and the fascination with moons and stars seems to be a common factor so I thought this would be a good idea for a game. The concept I was thinking for the game was a Rayman type of game. 

I was thinking of like the main goal of the game is to collect these fragments that at the end of the game give you the complete moon cycle that you need to rescue. I'm still unsure on the exact theme but I would like a Rayman / Super Mario Bros type of game.

I would want enemy characters that you would have to knock out of your path to get to the end of the map. I would like there be different types of maps and levels that are based around space and stars etc. I would also like to make some other obstacles like jumping over holes in the ground. I feel like this could be very challenging to achieve all this and would be extremely hard work

I would probably have to make this all into one map instead of multiple. Rayman and Super Mario Bros are both 2d games but id like the challenge of making it 3d. I'm not sure how I would achieve this but I am up for the challenge. I would like to have a specific colour theme for the game I would want some deep blues and purples for space feel to it. I don't know the type of name for this genre maybe adventure type of game but i hope to achieve a similar feeling to Rayman and Super Mario Bros.


Idea 2

For my second game brainstorm, I was thinking more of a survival game like Minecraft. For this game, I was thinking about a mixture of Animal Crossing and Minecraft. You would be placed in the middle of an island and have to start from scratch. Collecting wood and stone to craft materials and being paid in an in-game currency for achieving these tasks for the people on the island.

I would like the game to be a first-person game. I like the idea of creating a farm on your island to plant crops etc so it doesn't feel like you're cheating your way in and buying all this stuff without making much progress in the game. The game would have no real objective other than making you own village/ town and earning more perks the more progress you make in the game.

I wouldn't want this game to be really action pack I would like for it to be more of a relaxing game to join where you can slowly make progress over time. I wouldn't like the blocky effect of Minecraft id want it to look more realistic and maybe have an animation of when something is being built and you have to wait a certain amount of time till it is built to bring you back to the game to make more progress.

It would almost be a life simulator creating the world around you and interacting with people on the island but this seems like it could be very challenging to get everything to work and be how I imagine it to be. I feel as though these ideas are way too far out of my capabilities but it's good to get my brain flowing.


Idea 3. 

For my third idea, I was thinking more of a board game/ party game like Mario Party. I was thinking of 4 characters to choose from and there would be many mini-games throughout the board like Mario Party and where you placed in the mini-games would determine where you place on the board.

 This idea seems like it could be fun to come up with all the mini-game ideas but it sounds challenging to make 4 people to be in control and out of what we will be able to produce this course. I could possibly make all the other characters NPCs but what's the fun in that. 

The theme for this game would definitely be full of colour. It would be similar to snake and ladders depending on how well you did in the mini-games. FOr example, if you came in 4th place you would move back 10 or so steps on the board so the goal would be to do good in the mini-games so you can progress and possibly win the game.

I like the idea of the game being enjoyed by all ages and not being too difficult or too easy and how competitive and fun the game could be to play with your friends and family. It would also be fun to add some customisation to your character to make it easy to know who is wearing what when playing the game and is easy to identify who is who.


Idea 4

For my last and final game brainstorm, I was thinking of an objective game where you have to move from one place to another or to navigate your way through a map with many obstacles in your way to get to something like gold.

FOr this game, I was thinking of many games that have payloads that need to be moved from one place to another for the other team to win. So I was thinking of a game where you have to drive a car through many different obstacles to reach your final destination. The obstacles could be stuff like traffic a tree in the middle of the road and you have to try to make it to the other side of the map without having any damage of little to no damage done to your vehicle. 
s.
I was thinking of a grading system to show how well you did with the damage done to your car. I would like the game to have a similar theme to the mobile game Crossy Road. As you pass more levels and make more progress you can unlock more vehicles and attachments that cant knock stuff out of your way and car that can take on more than other vehicles.



Comments