Unity Tutorial 1

 Unity Tutorial 1

I have never used Unity before but I have learned a lot. Starting out it can look overwhelming especially when you open it up but the tutorials guide you through step by step and it makes it easier to understand. The first tutorial is about how to place everything down before writing the script. You first place down the road and the background then places one vehicle and one obstacle and teaches you how to move each object and how to navigate your way through the interface.

After the first tutorial, everything was perfect and working fine until I moved onto the second tutorial when I had to make the folder with the script and it wouldn't let me drag the script onto the vehicle and I couldn't figure out why so I had to uninstall Unity and started from the beginning because nothing seemed to work which was frustrating and it took an extra hour or so to start from the beginning.

In the next tutorial, you are shown how to do some scripting which isn't too difficult if you follow along. It wasn't too hard for me personally because it reminded me of web development in our first semester of this course. It shows you how to add text into your script and how to write it out. I did make a few mistakes of using capitals and forgetting some semicolons. At the end of the tutorial, you are thought about the rigid body and add extra obstacles to your games.

I was still struggling with the movement but was slowly getting the hang of it by the third tutorial. During the third tutorial, you are thought about variables to help with programming. The videos were very easy to follow and helped a lot. During the final tutorial, we are thought how to follow the vehicle in a new script file.



Comments

Post a Comment