Unity Tutorial 08

This week's unity tutorial is a continuation of the tutorial from the previous week. In this week's tutorial, I make it possible to spawn new enemies. I also learned some new codes for my script. I learned about four loops to keep control of the number of something that I want to control. This code helped me spawn new enemies. I also learned about the increment operator to add an extra enemy every time my for loop script runs. I also used a custom parameter to keep track of the number of enemies to spawn based on our wave number. Then I used to object of type to find any object of our enemy script. This tutorial was really fun to learn about new code like the I enumerators and coroutines so we can have a countdown timer for the power-up. I also learned how to add a bouncy effect when the balls run into each other. I learned how to control the camera and how to use vector math to change the direction the enemies move in.

For the quiz, I found it pretty easy to follow and testing what I had learned from the previous videos. I did get a bit lost at some parts like spawning in the enemies and how to multiply it each time. But eventually, I remembered by looking at the hints for help. Another problem I had was my powerup wasn't working but I realized it was a problem with my script that I had to fix but by the end of it, I had a game that was playable. This quiz was probably one of the harder quizzes we had to do as it felt more time-consuming and I couldn't remember everything I learned but I got it in the end.


(picture of unity quiz)


Comments