Unity Tutorial 09

 In this week's unity tutorial we learn about adding the final touches to your game. In the first video called "Clicky Mouse",  I made a game where boxes appear on the screen and once they are clicked they are removed. I learned about the 2D view in this lesson which I haven't played around with before and was interesting to make a game in 2D. Another thing I learned this week was adding torque to the objects with rigid bodies in our script. I also made a game manager instead of a bond manager which I have learned about in previous tutorials. This helps us control the game as we add more stuff to it. In the game manager, I added a list to get different objects. The tutorial also shows me how to reuse my ienumerator and added a while statement to control while some is happening to keep it happening over and over again. I also learned a new method called OnMouseDown so when we get mouse clicks we know when it's over.

In the next video, we learn about more skills and functionalities to add to our game. I added a UI and whenever I play my game it will update my score. I also learned that each time I click onto the box it makes an explosion. Some other functionalities I learned were TextMeshPro to add the UI, a Canvas to position the text on our screen, anchor points to tell TextMeshPro where the text should be located on each device. In the script, I learned how to import the library for TextMEshPro using the Using statement. I also made a custom method using parameters to update the score on the game.

In this tutorial, we added more UI elements. I made it possible for the player to choose the state of the game so when the player misses a box they have to restart the game. I learned about game states and how to give the player feedback with the restart and game over the page. I learned how to use buttons with OnClick methods. In the script, I learned how to use the new library to reload our game and the UI library to interact with our library. I also learned about something called booleans to control the game states when the game is active it will run different things like making enemies spawn and to make the game over screen pop up.


(game over screen)


Comments